Manic Panic presents Professional Colour Hair Dye; a line of vibrant semi-permanent hair colours in a unique, translucent gel base, available exclusively to professional, salon registered customers.
This delightful range of exciting shades is sure to please hair dye lovers and dye-hards alike. Here are the colours you’ll find in a Manic Panic pro-line swatch:
- Red Velvet: Bright Cherry Red (UV)
- Solar Yellow: Medium True Yellow
- Serpentine: Medium True Green
- Blue Bayou: Medium Turquoise (UV)
- Celestine Blue: Deep Indigo Blue
- Blue Velvet: Deep Violet-Based Blue
- Violet Velvet: Medium Blue-Based Violet (UV)
- Love Power Purple: Medium Red-Based Violet
- Divine Wine: Medium Violet-Based Red
- Pussycat Pink: Bright Neon Pink (UV)
- Smoke Screen: Deep Grey*
And let’s not forget the Manic Panic Pro Pastel-izer/Mixer! This product can be used to give another colour of dye a pastel tone as well as adding some sheer shine. It can be used as a conditioner and/or colour-lock treatment over any existing colour as a separate service for clients.
*The Deep Grey colour can be used alone or mixed with others for smoky/metallic shades.
What Makes Our Professional Line So Good?
Our professional hair dye products not only offer premium colour but provide a nourishing formula designed to keep hair feeling and looking fresh. Here are even more amazing features:
- Rich, deeply pigmented vibrancy that lasts through 40+ shampoos.
- Semi-translucent gel formula for a stained glass-like application which also aids in colour placement accuracy. Perfect for sharp and defined lines!
- Formulated with castor seed oil and lactic acid for smooth, shiny and healthy hair.
- Gentle acidic formula helps to close the hair’s cuticle and lock in colour.
- Nourishing ingredients help control split ends and retains moisture.
- Easy “blend-ability” to create endless colour possibilities.
- 100% Vegan-friendly formula.
- 11 inter-mixable shades + “Pastel-izer” to create delicate pastel shades.
- No developer required.
Buying Manic Panic Professional Hair Dye
Our Manic Panic professional range is currently only available to registered salons. To register your salon or hairdressing business you will need to sign up for an account. You can register for a Manic Panic account here. If you have any questions, you can talk to our MPUK team through one of the methods on the Contact Us page.
Here are just some of the reasons to start stocking Manic Panic Professional Hair Colours at your salon:
- Use Manic Panic Professional Hair Colours to create custom fashion hair colour designs for clients.
- Mix colours to create custom formulas for truly unique tones.
- Use Manic Panic Pastel-izer to instantly create custom pastel shades.
- Add Manic Panic Smoke Screen to easily create smoky and metallic shades.
Top Tips for Professional Colour Application
Applying Professional Colour
- PREP the hair by washing with a clarifying shampoo. This prepares the hair by de-mineralizing and removing any build-up of products. Do not apply conditioner or styling aids.
- RINSE hair well and towel dry. Hair should be damp for application. Apply colour blocker to the hairline.
- APPLY colour with a tint brush. Saturate the hair completely for even deposit of the hair colour. Use gloves or brush to blend into the hair.
- PROCESS for 15-30 minutes.
- RINSE thoroughly with cool/tepid water until water runs clear. Rinse different colours separately. Do not shampoo.
- FINISH colour service by applying Manic Panic Pastel-izer or conditioner and rinse again with cool/tepid water. Applying Manic Panic Professional hair colour to damp hair will ensure better absorption of the colour for even distribution. The hair can soak up too much of the product when applied to dry hair, which could yield uneven results.
Manic Panic Professional hair colour is a semi-permanent direct-dye formulated to identify and bond with hair fibres. Once bonded, the molecule mimics the fibre, thus creating a flawless finish.
The combination of these features result in increased saturation of the hair shaft, maximum colour longevity, true fade on tone result, and even deposit throughout the hair length creating uniform results.
How To Create Your Own Pastel Colours
- Measure the desired amount of the Pro Pastel-izer into a colour bowl. The initial amount will vary depending on the service, hair length, and application type. The ratio of Pro Pastel-izer will always be higher than the Manic Panic Professional hair colour. Start by adding 1 gram/.35 oz of Manic Panic Professional hair colour to the Pro Pastel-izer in a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the combination with the tint brush.
- Once you are satisfied with your mixture, follow the regular application of Manic Panic Professional hair colour, as shown above.
Here are some tips to note when working with pastel hair colours:
- Pastel shades yield the best results when applied to a level 10 toned blonde base.
- Always start your mixture with more Pro Pastel-izer and add the colour slowly. It is much easier to make a colour darker than lighter.
- Perform test strips with formula until the desired colour is achieved because the shade in the mixing bowl may be different from the end results.
Manic Panic Pro Pastel-izer has a gentle acidic formula that closes the cuticle and locks in hair colour while leaving a smooth, moisturized and shiny surface. This means it can be used to add shine to dyed hair or lock in the colour. The conditioning formula will also help to moisturize the hair and prevent breakages. For a deep conditioning service, heat can be applied to open the cuticle. Cool hair completely before rinsing.
Tips for Long Lasting Pro Colour
Advise your clients to follow these steps at home to assist in extending colour longevity:
- Wash hair with a colour safe, sulphate-free shampoo & conditioner
- Minimize the frequency of shampooing
- Use hair products that are free of oils and alcohol
- Style hair with low heat when using styling tools (blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.)
- Use a heat protecting product
- Avoid salt water, chlorinated water, and river water
- Avoid spa services requiring your hair be submerged (i.e. float spa pods)
If you're ready to get stuck in with our Professional Colour then make sure to visit our dedicated section. Don't forget that this product range is for registered customers only, so you will need to sign up for an account in order to purchase these products.