Eleven Commandments (Hair Dye Must's)
Back To Hair Dye Glossary & FAQ's
- Always perform a strand test and patch test before using hair dye.
- Perform a strand test before mixing Manic Panic Colours!
- Always wear a pair of protective gloves when dying.
- Use petroleum jelly or conditioner around your hairline to prevent staining your skin.
- Wear old clothes you donít mind getting stained and messy.
- Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit works best on hair that hasnít been washed for a few days- your bodyís natural oils will help hydrate it.
- Place newspaper or towels around where youíre dying to protect surfaces from staining.
- Use mirrors both in front and behind you if applying Manic Panic hair dye without assistance.
- Rinse your hair in the sink rather than the shower to avoid staining surfaces such as your bathtub.
- Always use cold water when rinsing out Manic Panic hair dye.
- Itís recommended you donít wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner for at least a week after dying.