Rainbow Effect Tips & Tricks
Back To Hair Dye Glossary & FAQ's
- Take small sections of hair and create ponytails, tied with rubber bands.
- Pre-lighten the ends of each ponytail with Manic Panic Flashlightning and isolate them with foil.
- Follow instructions on the lightener packaging until each ponytail tip is light blonde.
- Without removing the rubber bands, rinse out each ponytail separately with warm water and wash with shampoo.
- Towel and/or blow dry each ponytail.
- Choose a mixture of different Manic Panic Hair Colours (we recommend Electric Banana, Hot Hot Pink, Shocking Blue, Electric Lizard, Pillarbox Red and Purple Haze) to dye each hair tip a different colour for a rainbow effect.
- Wearing gloves and using a tint brush, use each colour on the ponytail tips.
- Isolate each hair section to avoid colour bleed.
- Allow to process for at least 1 hour.
- Rinse out each ponytail individually with cool water until the water runs clear.
- Remove the rubber bands and completely dry your hair.