Highlighting Tips & Tricks
Back To Hair Dye Glossary & FAQ's
- Comb out all knots and tangles.
- Pre-cut tin foil strands about 4 inches wide and 8 inches long (depending on your hair length).
- Using hair clips, pin your hair into manageable sections.
- Slide a strip of foil underneath the desired section of hair, making sure itís pressed up against your scalp. Use a comb, if you wish, as a flat surface, making the application of lightener easier.
- Using a colour brush, apply lightener to the hair section. Start in the middle and spread out towards the root and tip. Remove the comb.
- Fold the foil over and fix in place until the hair strand is saturated with lightener.
- Repeat with every section of hair you wish to highlight.
- Leave the lightener on for the recommended amount of time, usually about half an hour (although this varied from person to person).
- Once hair is light enough for the colour highlights, remove the foils and wash out lightener with shampoo and warm water.
- Towel dry hair.
- Separate the sections of lightened hair and pin these with hair clips ready for highlighting.
- Apply Manic Panic Hair Colour to the separated hair in the similar fashion to the lightener, using foil.
- Allow to process between 30 minutes and an hour.
- Rinse out each highlighted section of hair separately with cool water.