Here is how to get the best out of Manic Panic’s highest pigmented hair colour, Rockabilly Blue:
- Wear protective gloves during the entire process.
- Prevent unwanted staining by using petroleum jelly or a thick conditioner around the hairline and over the ears.
- Apply a small amount of the dye to dry hair. Little is needed as this is a strong colour.
- Comb evenly through the hair, 1.2 inches from the root all the way down to the tip.
- Allow to process until the hair dye dries – usually about half an hour. This prevents unwanted colour bleed.
- Rinse with cold water in the sink, keeping the dye away from the face.
- Keep rinsing until the water runs clear and all the excess is gone.
- Once the water runs clean, use a thick conditioner and rinse once again. This is necessary because of the strength of the dye.