A useful trick to making the colour of Manic Panic Hair Dye last longer is to rinse your hair with white vinegar.
This should be done shortly after dyeing. It raises the PH level of the hair dye and gives it more permanence.
Here’s how you can make use of this simple but amazing trick:
- Rinse out Manic Panic Hair Colour until the water runs clear.
- Mix half a cup each of white vinegar and water together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over your hair until saturated.
- Comb the vinegar and water mix through your hair, from root to tip.
- Rinse out with cold water.
"For colour maintenance I recommend washing hair only once a week and only use shampoo when ABSOLUTELY necessary.” – Tish